<VV> Fiat Sports Cars

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Sun Jan 11 22:45:20 EST 2009

I bought a very used '72 Fiat 124 Spider with a 5-speed at a time when
MG's had finally gotten around to synchromesh on the 4-speeds. If you
were lucky, you had an optional electric overdrive - but only on the
larger MGB's.

My Fiat Spider was a terrific car, with a heavier feel than any of my
MG's or Triumph's but with a free-revving engine and that glorious
transmission. And you could put the top up by reaching back and pulling
up on it. The rear quarter windows came up with the top - the only snaps
were for the unnecessary top boot.

However, Fiat's dissolved faster than Alka-Seltzer in Vermont winters!

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME