<VV> 5 speed tranny?

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Jan 12 08:01:20 EST 2009

The Datsun Roadster wasn't "mainstream"; it was a specialty vehicle just
like the FIAT, etc. Toyota was putting  5 cogs into economy cars and
trucks... which I don't think Datsun did until 1976 or so...

I did forget to check about the Lancia... I knew they were "early in"
but I didn't know they were that early. I went to the DC FIATS winter
meeting last night... concours Alfa 2600 Spider (think "Ferrari", not
"FIAT"), several Lancias, etc... not quite the usual parking lot fodder
at a pizza place on a January afternoon...

Bill