<VV> Pinky, 3 speed transaxles and Wire Wheels

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jan 12 09:07:40 EST 2009

I spoke to Matt Zorvan soon after moving to Michigan from
the Chicago area back in 1983-4. Matt said that he
remembered distinctly the 1-2 shift and then the extra 2-3
shift. I don't remember asking about a park position. I do
remember that when Pinky met his demise the only part that
the new owner wanted was the set of real wire wheels he
had on him. I don't remember Matt saying anything about
any parts or anything getting listed in the Communique
classified section once Pinky was gone.

The best real wire story that I've heard came from DACC's
Ken Pepke. He was able to score a set of K-H wires for
next to nothing way back when. When I asked Ken how much
he got for them when he sold them his response was that he
still has them! Some guys have all the luck!. - Pete "Wire
wheels look tacky on a Caveman Corvair" Koehler