<VV> 5 speed Tranny

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Jan 12 18:51:45 EST 2009

Smitty Says;  As a matter of fact I remember the 3 speed automatic being advertised in the Communique.  Had to be in the early 80s.  (Maybe late 70s).  I read the add to my wife and she said what's so special about that.  I told her either it was a misprint or it could have only come from one place and was the only one in the world.  It was 200 bucks as I recall, which was more than I had paid for any of my half dozen Corvairs.  She asked me if I wanted it.  I told her, what would I want with a one of a kind transmission I couldn't even buy parts for.  It did not appear in the next Communique.
When the story came out in the Communique about Pinky I was somewhat sorry I han't jumped on it, but somebody obviously wanted it worse than I did.  This is no Sea Story gents.  It is fact.