<VV> Cold plug/ Hot coil= what?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jan 13 09:43:14 EST 2009

Hi Jeff,

Frank Duvall posted a great description of plug heat range.  Just one
thing to add - "hot" is often used to refer to a powerful spark.
Typically this doesn't apply to plugs, but it's often used to
describe a higher voltage coil or electronic ignition system.  So,
two different uses of the word - a "hot" plug really is hotter in
terms of degrees, a "hot" spark has a lot of electrical power.

--Bryan