<VV> brand new 69 on craigslist

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Jan 14 21:41:33 EST 2009

>Why is it that all the people that were savvy enough to buy a
>new '69 >Corvair for an investment chose the 500 instead of
>the more desirable Monza?

It all likelihood, he didn't choose the car -- the car chose him.  When
the end of Corvair production was announced, there was a bit of a run on
unsold Corvairs, but of course no one wanted a 500.  My brother was in
the hunter group and ended up with a puke green Monza 110 4-speed.  (I
had ordered mine some months before -- a fully optioned LeMans blue.)

The car in question was supposedly owned by a dealer.  It was likely an
"orphan" that no one wanted so the owner of the dealership simply kept
it around.  I doubt he had any intention of using it as an investment --
more like a curiosity.

That's what I think -- YMMV

Dave Keillor