<VV> Platinum spark plugs

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Jan 19 16:48:06 EST 2009

Yes and no.  A "correct" replacement? Yes, Bosch makes the W8AP which is
the correct heat range for a Corvair.

Good/replacement?  NO. It's hard to beat the simple Bosch Super (copper)
or the NGK. Though some people run Bosch Platinums successfully, they
are in the minority (some cars won't run at all with them and others
experience significant drivability issues) and no one that I'm aware of
has actually gotten _better_ performance out of a Bosch Platinum versus
a Bosch Super.

Please be aware though that Bosch has revamped their product line,
doing away with non-resistor versions of the plugs appropriate for
Corvairs... and I have experienced some serious problems with newer
Bosch resistor plugs... out of the box failures and/or complete failure
within a few miles... I'm moving to NGK (which I've always considered a
slightly better plug than the Bosch Super, but not enough better (until
recently) to warrant paying a premium for...)

Bill