<VV> Best engine oil for late models

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Thu Jan 22 05:29:38 EST 2009

Racing oil tends to leave deposits in the combution chamber. I would not use
it for street use. I just did a complete rebuild on my motor in which I used
racing oil  & the chambers were full of deposits.
Don M

True racing oils (Red-Line, etc), lack MANY if not all of the stabilizers
and anti-oxidants that make street oils last for many, many miles/hours of
use.  They aren't designed for the street, and shouldn't be used there.

As for deposits....I wouldn't blame the oil!

John