<VV> HEADS UP - NEWB ON A ROAD TRIP

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 23 13:23:26 EST 2009

I've gotten an update from Nick, it's short because he's pressed for
computer time. Please read all the way through. He does have an issue he
needs addressed. He's in San Fran, so if you're close by and can help,
please give him a ring

<snip>
Arrived SF last night. Everything running pretty damn smooth.. Maintained
80mph down the 101 for awhile. Engine coughing a little bit of oil on
itself. Fan belt wearing on top inside edge slightly (can smell it) can't
for the life of me figure out where the hell it's rubbing - any ideas? No
longer will have much email access, calling with ideas (you can post my
phone number, I have no problem w/that) works better - (412) 867-9212.

Distinguishing marks are the same but the bishop's college sticker is gone.
Steeler's sticker in window and Terrible Towel across the back seats.

Here's the belt wear. On top left of outside edge of the belt if I'm staring
down at the adjustable pulley. This is what is puzzling me, the fact that
this edge doesn't really rub anywhere through it's serpentine. The only
answer I can think of is that it's rubbing the guide that is attached to
that pulley. I slid a piece of paper down between the guide and the belt so
it isn't touching but maybe while running the belt is jumping a bit? But it
wasn't rubbing/didn't smell the first couple days of travel. Could my
ass-hauling down the 101 strained and stretched the belt a crumb, maybe
enough that it's loose enough to move and rub on there?

http://tinyurl.com/beltpic01

http://tinyurl.com/beltpic02

Regards,
Joel