<VV> HEADS UP - NEWB ON A ROAD TRIP

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 23 23:20:45 EST 2009

I'm generally pretty easy on my Corvairs, but I have my moments. After all,
I'm a 2 time CORSA autocross stock class champ, and didn't learn to drive
like that on race day. I've only ever flipped off a belt due to high revs
once, and that was on a car that had belt guides.
A properly adjusted belt doesn't need guides. The '64 mag fan does more to
help the belt than any belt guides.
GM will install unneeded parts if there is a perceived need. For example,
the '64 rear leaf doesn't do as much as some people may believe. I find the
handling of '60-'63s and '64s almost identical. Tuck-under is generally
caused by having too-long rear shocks.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun