<VV> carburetor problems?

Jay Ciampi jciampi at embarqmail.com
Sun Jan 25 13:49:53 EST 2009

I am back with the same hard-starting problem with my 64  95hp engine (actually it is a 65 block in my 64 coupe), but anyway I had replaced the fuel pump with a NEW one from a West coast vendor  and thought I had the problem licked.   NOT!   It is back to hard starting when the car has sat in my carport for a few days.  once I get it running, and run it for awhile, it starts right up every time.  Let it sit for 2 or 3 days and back to square one,so to speak.
I rebuilt the carbs from a kit. I don't have a real breakdown schematic of one of these carbs to go by. Is there a check valve in the carb that shouldn't let the fuel run out of the bowl?  I have not opened the bowl(s) up yet to check there status, but I guess that is next. I know when I changed the fuel pump out, I took the feed tubing out of the lH carb and there wasn't a drop of fuel in the tubing. None in the outlet of the fuel pump either.  Being a "shade-tree" guy, I am not a carb expert, by any means.

I am looking for some advice from more experienced Vair guys as to what to do next.

Jay Ciampi
CORSA
1964 Monza/95 hp/PG
Lake Placid, FL.