<VV> Oil leaks

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 19:05:09 EST 2009

Frank:  Don't pay any attention to the nitpickers.  You do, however, need to get a book on Corvairs that would cover such issues.  Bob Helt has several and one in particular that addresses these leaks.  Richard Finch also wrote a nice book on Corvairs.  There are others that I don't know about.  They are available at a Corvair vendor.  If it is push rod tube seals its a jobs that can be done in an afternoon.  If it is a seal on the transmission side of the crankshaft, it is a job that will require pulling the engine.  I, personally, would let it leak until there was another reason to pull the engine.  Some guys just put a large, shallow pan under the engine and add oil when needed.  Ernie in Louisville, Derby City Corvairs