<VV> the book

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 25 21:26:56 EST 2009

I generally try to help out the newBs with fairly specific answers (when I
know them.... and with last week as an example - sometimes when I don't).
Check the archives (or ask Connie and others) if you don't believe me.

After a while, if someone has not bothered to arm themselves with the
appropriate source information after being told where to obtain it, I begin
to feel USED and quit responding.

Essentially, I don't agree with the approach of going direct to VV FIRST for
endless answers to stuff that is easy to find.  Sometimes it seems as if the
party is too lazy to turn the pages and is expecting someone else to do it
and report back.  THAT is not the spirit of VV to my way of thinking.

Now, when someone comes with a question like - I can't find this or I'm not
sure how to interpret what I'm reading, THAT becomes an appropriate question
from someone who's been around for a while.

I'll continue to help the newBs when I can.

Later, JR