<VV> CORSA Dues Increase

Sarah Beltrami sbeltrami at thefreightrateco.com
Tue Jan 27 12:20:00 EST 2009

As an added FYI to what Scott said.  On January 10th the Board had a
conference call.  Within that call several areas came up that had to do with
the finances of CORSA.  During the course of the call a motion came up to
raise the membership dues.  The motion was tabled until April 1st (no joke
here) to allow those Board members who are not in favor of the increase to
air their opinions in the Communique as to why there was no need for a dues
increase.  The article has been written and will more then likely appear in
the March issue of the Communique.

Now a Board member has raised the motion again, not waiting until the time
appointed, which I might mention was his request.  Is this right legally?
I'm not sure.

However, I do know this.a dues increase will only by CORSA 1 year in help
with the bottom line.  So it could be in another year another dues increase
would very likely happen.

Three of your Eastern Board Members are opposed to this increase.  There is
way to much fat in the CORSA budget that needs to be addressed before a dues
increase is or should be warranted.  In addition, there are several new
ideas out there to generate additional revenue for CORSA.

Please feel free to contact me or any Board member as Scott has suggested.
This dues increase is not a good idea!!!

Sarah Beltrami

New Business Representative

The Freight Rate Company

Toll Free: 866.366.1912 ext.1128