<VV> Dues Increase

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Jan 27 18:14:36 EST 2009

All:
1. I view expense in terms of how long it takes me to earn the money
compared the time and enjoyment I get from whatever I choose to spend the
money on.  CORSA membership is less than a dollar (US$1.00) a week.  Good
value for the enjoyment I get.

2. What are the other choices...aka:  choose your poison.  Instead of a dues
increase, how about requiring all chapter members to be CORSA members.  Some
time ago, I sent the CORSA BoD info I got from the BMW CCA about their
membership practices (I get the cast off BMW CCA magazine Roundel from a
friend).  Their chapters do not have dues.  You join the BMW CCA and they
assign you membership to the nearest chapter, who then get money from the
BMW CCA for that membership.  Some of the CORSA BoD thanked me for the info.
Others were not amused.  Go figure.

3. I vote for CORSA surviving.  It takes money to do that.  When any of us
have a cash flow problem, we, as individuals have four choices:  increase
income (get a better paying job or an additional job) or reduce expenses, or
both.  Or slowly go bankrupt and file for the same.  I doubt a car club can
do file for bankruptcy.  But I could be wrong.

4. I was on the CORSA BoD when Bill Pierson was.  I agree with all his
comments.

5. Jim Houston said: "I agree with you (Bill Pierson) that $1 month is not
that much, unfortunately, the dues aren't paid monthly, so the increase will
be seen as a large increase, especially by people that are on a fixed budget
such as myself."  JPR comment: I am now of a preverbal fixed income.  If I
had to, I'd cut out a bottle of Mountain Dew each month to cover the CORSA
dues increase.  But my limit is one bottle less per week  VBG!!

6. Wild hare comment.  Not all car clubs are not for profit.  Maybe we
should sell CORSA to Harry and Mike and let them have at it.  Oh Wait!!
While they may be ugly, Harry and Mike are not crazy.  Or stupid.  So that
wild hare won't fly.

So the question remains to all of us:  what are the other choices?  We are
all going to have to choose our poison:  raise income or cut expenses. Or
both.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice