<VV> Dues Increase

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Jan 27 22:02:58 EST 2009

Personal opinion, of course:

Raise the dues instantly.  Don't wait.  Or, more correctly, don't
wait any longer.  As Tim Mahler wrote, "we waited too long to raise
dues."  Did that once before, too, back in the late 70s.  We never
freakin' learn.  Raise the dues to where they need to be.

Cut fat?  Well, I'm the guy who a year ago proposed some radical
cutting (eight electronic newsletters per year, four printed
"Quarterlies" per year), but whether or not you think such an idea is
whacky, at our current and projected membership levels we probably
cannot continue without some real changes in several
areas.  Including both Services Offered and Fundraising
Conducted.  Some fresh thinking is needed, without Intransigent Orthodoxy.

One thing I'd recommend changing pretty quickly is the CORSA web
site.  If you aren't a member, just try to find how to join.  It's
buried.   It should be right there in your face on the home
page.  For an example of a simple site that puts all the essentials
right there, check out out this site, which I found by doing a quick
search on Hemmings for any other car club:

http://www.mustang.org/

Fixed income?  How about no income?  I started a new business last
year, and so far have been able to pay myself zip - zero -
zilch.  I'll still pay CORSA dues, be they $38 or $45 or (as I think
they should be starting a minute from now) $49.  I own three
Corvairs.  I'd be a fool not to belong to CORSA.

--Bob