<VV> Beyond a Dues Increase

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Tue Jan 27 21:31:34 EST 2009

Yes, increase the dues to keep the organization alive -- and the
Communique in print -- in the short term.  $49 would be a good place to
start.

Then, look to the long term.  The first long-term priority should be a
much better web presence.  Done right, it could generate revenue and
attract new members -- especially younger members.  People new to
Corvairs need and want an easy-to-access source of online information.
Give it to them -- and ask them to voluntarily support the site through
easy-to-make donations.

Content?
  -- Specifications
  -- Sales literature (scanned)
  -- Tech articles (put the Tech Guide online -- and other articles
  -- Online membership (both new and renewal)
  -- Links to Corvairs-in-the-news articles
  -- FAQs
  -- Buying a Corvair
  -- Restoring a Corvair
  -- Making a Corvair perform
  -- etc.

A lot of this stuff is already online, but it's scattered all over the
place.  Printed material is obsolete (keep the Communique) in terms of
volume, cost, and ease of publishing.  Appoint an editor and ask members
and chapters to submit their stuff.

I could go on, but I'll leave it at this for now.  If there's sufficient
interest, I can be more detailed and specific.

Dave Keillor