<VV> Corsa Dues Increase

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 00:16:45 EST 2009

I don't like the dues increase, but what else can we do?

CORSA is bleeding financially. At the current rate CORSA will be gone in a
matter of years. The best solution would be to increase membership. The BOD has
 tried that with giving away free "Corvair Basics" packages. We are still
loosing  members faster than we are gaining new ones. Requiring members of local
chapters  to be members of CORSA sounds like a good idea. However, based on my
own data,  we could end up actually loosing more members than we gain. I've
hear several  CORSA members say that they would quit both CORSA and the local
if "forced" to  join both. Corvair people are just too independent, not that
there's anything  wrong with that.

OK so we should cut costs, just what should we cut? Publishing the
Communique only four times a year would save money. Printing few pages or using
cheaper paper would also save money. We could get volunteers to do the work of
Harry and Mike, but struggle to get members to run for the BOD, and trust me
that's an easier job. Maybe we could get rid of the insurance. How many chapters
actually use that for meeting or events? Well, none of those appeal to me.

So, what the big deal if CORSA goes under. Most members only see the
Communique as the only benefit of CORSA. Most of the "Corvair fun" is had by and  at
the local level. Well, first off, VV will go away or change to some yahoo
group. The number of local events will be reduced because that insurance (that
no one uses) won't be there. The sharing of Corvair ideas and events would be
more difficult. Sure there's the Internet and it would still be used. Believe
it  or not, but not every Corvair owner (or current CORSA member) is on-line.
Some  may argue that if CORSA goes under, another club would replace it. How
would  that club not face the same problems that CORSA is facing?

I think this discussion is good. I know that this director is learning
stuff. I'm also like to put a plug in for candidates for the CORSA board. In the
past, there have been very few folks willing to run (how do you think I got
elected?). I can say that my term has been eye opening. I would recommend it to
everyone. Of course you have to be a CORSA member to run, but then all of you
 already are, right?

Ned
**************Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your
credit score.