<VV> Corsa Dues Increase

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Wed Jan 28 08:58:09 EST 2009

Dues increase or not, it is past time for CORSA to make some changes.  We
are just too small of a "niche" market (and getting smaller every year) to
survive on our own forever.  We should be looking into forming some sort of
alliance with other "Chevy" groups (Chevy Lovers, etc.) or with AACA, or
some such thing.  We need to research all options for managing our club and
not continue to assume that only Harry and Mike can do this job.  We need to
look at options to cut costs, including reducing the frequency of publishing
the Communique (hey - even the well-established newspapers across the
country are dealing with the high cost of publishing vs on-line issues).  We
DO need to update our logo and image to be more appealing to the younger
folk.

However, as long as we have a "business as usual" attitude among the
governing body (B.O.D.), we will continue to see this organization slowly
bleed itself to death.  A dues increase now, whatever amount, will solve
nothing in the long run unless other measures are also taken.

Bill Hubbell