<VV> too bits on society dues increase.

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 09:40:36 EST 2009

So, to you $15 is hogwash to you and I should just ante up? I can respect that.
You value what you get from CORSA, so do I.

But there still lies an underlining problem. A dues increase may solve some
shortcomings in the near future, but in the bigger scheme of things, the
financial difficulties still linger.

I take your reply as rather oversimplified, RonH. My lengthy rant, even with
all of its "shortcomings", was an attempt to convey that we are all
putting a finger in the dike when it comes to society obligations.

$15 to me is an oil change for my Corvair, or a set of plugs. Those types of
expenses keeps my Corvair on the road and VISIBLE to the public. Let us not
forget that the best marketing for the Corvair is keeping them in the public
eye. Its not CORSA that encourages membership, it is keeping the Corvair on the
road that is the ultimate goal.

I CAN realistically afford my Corvairs, and your comment that $15 breaks my
bank is largely unnecessary and irrelevant.

"...To most of us, its worth it", fine, a dues increase is OK, and I
can respect that.

To dismiss a $15 increase, or whatever it ends up being, if that means you piss off 10,
50, or 100 members, to a point where they do not renew their membership, or it appears expensive
to new or prospective members, also means a loss in revenue. If the result is fewer members down the road,
it means less of a member base. And two years from, CORSA will be dealing with even more shortfalls,
because hard costs will continue to increase no matter what they are. And yet another dues increase will
result from it.

So how much is too much? Seems like if $15 is nothing to "most", heck, just go for broke then and raise it to $30.
Raise the number it until it really hurts.