<VV> CORSA

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 09:16:25 EST 2009

Hi all, been a while since I have posted here. Some talk about CORSA
elsewhere, heard it was being discussed here. The following is a copy of a
reply by me on another forum. Flame away!

"I visit a Subaru Impreza forum once in a while, as I have one. The simple
computer hop-ups, the body kits, and the ability to get 500+ HP out of a
four cylinder engine is very appealing. Heck, it interests me! The handling,
looks and power of the newer cars is amazing.

Another comment I have heard from quite a few people at car shows is the
look of Corvairs, they often compare mine to others. Most are stock looking,
look good, plain, not interesting to the younger crowd. They look at mine
and compliment the wheels and stance, they find it much more exciting than a
plain-jane Corvair. No offence to stockers, I love stockers too! If they
don't find a car attractive, they are not going to be interested in it.
Everyone is different. Everyone has different tastes.

Again, the appeal of the newer cars is so great. It's going to take younger
people who have an interest in older cars to appreciate a Corvair. Ryan
started out with a 49? Chevy. My first was a 61 Corvair. It takes a special
person to have an interest in these cars. It's not something we can force
upon anyone.

Don't forget, Corvairs are getting harder to find than they were 10 years
ago. So many people are still crushing good, repairable cars. This lowers
the amount of cars on the road. The less cars on the road, the less people
see of them. The less they see of them, the less interest they have in them,
on and on and on..... What is the statement on My Classic Car? Don't crush
them, restore them!

CORSA has reached it's peak. Not to sound like Mr. Negative, it's going to
get worse. With the current members getting up there in age and the
difficulty of getting people first interested in the car, than convince them
to join CORSA is going to be a challange. One that I see only getting worse
and there honestly isn't much we can do except keep it going. Keep the word
out. Show our cars. Drive our cars.

CORSA needs to make some SERIOUS adjustments for the long haul. Adjustments
that help in a huge financial way. I have no clue what expences CORSA has.
And I do not have an answer for the financial situation. There has got to be
some major cuts somewhere, or keep raising dues. Which at this time, I have
no issue with. I have been a member of CORSA off and on for 20 years now. I
keep hearing of talk that things need to change! We need to get the word
out! We need to advertise! We need more members! With that said, as an
in-active CORSA member, I don't see much of anything actually happening. All
kinds of talk. They did offer the reduced rate for new members and offer the
Corvair Basics book. Whoopy! More drastic approach to advertising would be a
good start. Chevy magazines, TV (perhaps during Powerblock on SPIKE, My
Classic Car, and such). The only place I here or see CORSA is either on a
Corvair forum, or when I get the magazine. Not much for promotion OUTSIDE of
the already current members, who are already members!!! How can you get new
members if they don't expand outside it's current 'club'?

: off my soap box:"

--
Ronnie