<VV> Internet hosting

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Jan 29 14:55:49 EST 2009

Folks,

I see a lot of thoughts that have at their center some sort of
Internet project.  There are basically three places you could put
such a thing:

  - Use the various free tools offered by Yahoo, Google, AOL, etc.
  - Host it at corvair.org
  - Put it on your own host

For option two, let me give you some detail.  You'll need some
technical ability - but I'd say anybody that can rebuild a carburetor
successfully can figure out how to do basic HTML/PHP.  We use a Linux/
Apache server.  Yes, we likely have enough resources for your pet
project.  You may need to, um, persuade the BOD to let you do
something, but if you want to find out what you can do from a
technical perspective first, drop me a line.

One final piece - this offer is for people who want to *do*
something.  Projects that start with "Bryan, I'll bet it would be
easy for you to ..." are *not* what I have in mind - I already have
some projects of my own.  You need to talk the guy in *your* bathroom
mirror in to doing the work.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa