<VV> My Rebuild....

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 16:26:35 EST 2009

I've been at a rebuild for about a year now.  I started off with a smog 110, but then decided on a 65 140 instead.  it was frozen but 100 percent complete. With some of my leftover tuition money, I purchased a BUNCH of new parts...a complete gasket kit, cast pistons, lifters, valves...the list goes on and on..

I'm having the heads done locally by a man who has been doing heads for every kind of car there is for years. He's doing it for much less than some of the other people who do "corvair heads"  and seems to be doing nothing less than what everyone else does to them. I'm also having them fly-cut while we're at it.

Should be fun...  here's a list of everything I could think of that I'm doing here..

8409 Nitrided Crank, standard size
Standard Rods
Otto-10 Camshaft with new Clarks stock-type cam gear
Clevite 77 and Perfect Circle bearings
Matched oil passages
.040 Overbore Clarks cylinders, topped .010
Clarks Cast pistons weight matched set
Hastings Chrome Rings
Sealed Power Lifters
New Grooved ball rockers
Clarks Nitrided Valves (Teflon seals)
New Cast iron guides
F ly-cut head gasket area, matched chambers (I'll CC them when I get them back from him)
Clarks Ultimate Header Dual Exhaust system
EDIS ignition system using self-mapped Megajolt ignition controller
American Pi oil pump drive shaft with Billet Aluminum bearing cap (by them)
High output externally regulated Alternator
90 degree oil filter adapter

That doesn't cover some things but...basic idea.  should be fun.

Ryan
 1965 Corsa Coupe 110/4(posi)
"164 ci of Flat Six Fury!"