<VV> Corsa Dues

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 16:36:29 EST 2009

I belong to SCCA and pay $80/year in dues. Their Mag. is no better than
ours.

Racing and/or collecting or restoring classic cars are both extreme
luxuries.

They rate right after diamond rings and wining and dining fast women.

Michael and I, and I'm sure many vendors face economic reality every
day. It just costs what it costs.

The price of evrything --parts and materials--goes up every day. It
just costs what it costs. Customers can't argue down the cost of
services--it just costs what it costs.

Somewhere you have to decide if you can afford this luxury or not. If
you can afford it, the cost of Corsa dues is almost negligible.  Fifty
($50 ) in dues would be nothing compared to the other costs. I just
spent $ 200 to paint two car doors plus labor. This morning I just
spend $100 on a physical and sent off $165 for a racing license
application. Once I decided to do either one, I had to accept it just
cost what it costs.
    Restoring a car is around $40,000. I can't do it, but I don't berate
the cost. I just have to decide if I can do it.
     Going to Calif. for the Convention was over $2000 for the 3 week
family vacation. If I couldn't afford it, I still would have wished
well those that could and wouldn't have wanted it to be smaller in any
way..I would have read  in the Communique with satisfaction the
adventures of those who went.
    I have plan Bs and Cs for when I can't afford to do any of it it;
probably just around the corner. The racing part could very well have
ended at this moring's physical. When it ends, I'll look back through
old issues of the Communique sitting in the lounge chair enjoying the
paper copies, with a warm glowing smile---I did it while I could and it
was great.
     The Corsa dues are the LEAST amount of anything that you will spend
on your hobby.

Warren