<VV> Winter Swap, CORSA Dues, and lots of snow and ice...

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 23:54:02 EST 2009

Hey Guys and Gals,
The Cincinnati Winter Swap is this weekend at the National Guard Armory,
3000 Symms Rd in Hamilton, Ohio... I doubt I'll make it... but don't let  that
stop ya from going!
I just now checked out the VCCA website... I LOVE the idea of a membership
drive pin... pretty cool, if you ask me. I know I've had more than 3 people
join  CORSA... what a cool little trinket. I also like how they add the spouse
for  just a few dollars more... which gets you an extra vote during the
elections...  whomever thought that one up must have been from Illinois...
:-)
I've been covered up in broken trees and several inches of ice and then
snow... that storm came through and punched us mighty hard... I was without  phone
and electricity for just two days, but there are many more who are looking
at WEEKS before they get power... our 911 phone system also went down, and
there  are still trees down in the roads no matter where you look... many two lane
 roads are one lane... they even had a flashing sign on the Western Ky
Parkway at  the on ramp heading west that said "FALLEN TREES NEXT 40 MILES-STAY IN
LEFT  LANE"...
Why do I have my power already? I'm half a mile from the water plant, and
they have to have electricity to pump the water... and we're on the same line
(thank God!)... I heat the cabin with a wood stove, and we made it through a
couple of cold nights by piling blankets, cats and a few dogs on us...
:-)
Anyway, things are nasty in my neck of the woods... but as for a dues
increase, if it's gotta happen, count me in... I have met some of THE kindest  and
MOST generous people through this club than I've ever met. Yeah, I'm a nice
guy when I want to be, but I really don't deserve the friends I have here... but
 I must say, the dues increase is a small amount to pay for the comradery I
get  out of the club.
I agree with the idea of updating the merchandise (shirts and such) and I
would love to see some "Mongo Friendly" sizes... you know, get Omar the Tent
Maker to make a few shirts that would fit a tiny little fuzzball like me... I'd
love that. I'm also looking forward to the latest update on the Tech
Guide... that's one of my cherished items... it does NOT get loaned out...  unlike my
shop manuals...
:-(
Well, I've got a gazillion emails to catch up on... you guys take care, and
if you would, send a quick prayer out for my neighbors and friends throughout
the Bluegrass who are without power... that they find a way to stay warm, and
 that power gets restored soon... and thanks to Georgia, Alabama and
Tennessee for sending their utility people with bucket trucks to help us out in  this
mess... you wouldn't believe the level of destruction that's all around...
I've never seen anything like it.
Later,
Lonzo.... listening to the trees snap and uproot themselves, while the  river
keeps rising.

Lon  Anderson
White Mills, KY
CORSA, Derby City Corvair, Corvanatics
1961  Greenbrier 110/pg
1963 Greenbrier 95/4spd
1964 700 95/pg
ALL safe with  no trees fallen on them... so far.
**************Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your
credit score.
(http://www.walletpop.com/credit/credit-reports?ncid=emlcntuswall00000002)