<VV> The Aging Membership, ala VV ...

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Jan 30 09:24:34 EST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 10:33 PM, tim mahler wrote:

> to respond to the Communications item George mentions and Bill did
> as well,
> I , tim,  prefer to request comments about CORSA business to the
> Chapter
> Email list -- where the Chapter officers, and other interested
> parties are
> the forum members.  Smaller communinity,  but that list expects to
> hear
> about how to get more members and other things that affects the
> chapters as
> well as CORSA .

When we set up that list a few years ago, the idea was to have at
least one Chapter Officer on the list from every Chapter.  If you
should be on that list, go to:

http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/chapters

or send a message to chapters-help at corvair.org with your club
affiliation and position.

> To me, VV is for Corvair specific issues -- engine problems, how to
> fix this
> or that,  some occasional humor,  ads, event announcements. Chapter
> list for
> the business meeting stuff .  That's me.
> Scott, i've noticed,  prefers to pose the questions to VV.  Ned
> mostly to
> Corvair Center.  That is their preference.

I suggest that event announcements should also go to the Chapters
list, in addition to VV.

> We have ALL stated in our columns,  contact us.    few do.

Very true, but I'd contend that a post to one of the above forums is
more likely to generate a response than a line in your column, if for
no other reason than the tool to reply immediately is already at hand.

I'll also point out that you listed only *three* of the current
Directors.  I see some traffic from one or two others here (but
nobody else on the Chapters list), but I have to wonder why none of
the others post.  I would expect to see regular communication
somewhere, or at least hear about it.  At one point we saw regular
posts from several of the Directors, but that's no longer the case.

--Bryan