<VV> Things we can't control (obliquely Corvair)

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 30 14:34:47 EST 2009

Hi Everyone, It is, by the calendar, that "time of year" again. Many
members have pent up anger over the economy, the corruption of
elected officials, CEO's, Governors. Mayors, job losses, Ice storms,
and friends and relatives leaving us unexpectedly. This of course is
totally frustrating and we all feel we have no power to control these
happenings. So it is once again time to "take it to VV"
where we can rant and rave and scream and shout and in the process
usually accomplish nothing except creating hard feelings and
alienating old friends and scaring the "H" out of new list members
who wonder "What in the world have I done by joining this bunch of
nuts".? Indeed "CABIN FEVER" has struck like lightning and is in full
bloom. Everyone take a deep breath, have a cup of coffee or  tea and
like Joe Robbins suggested BREATH, EXHALE, BREATH, EXHALE. Life is
good and it goes on and we adapt as needed. My wife had a Principal
she worked for as a classroom teacher who started each day at his
school by stating "Remember be nice to each other" and when I coached
Youth Soccer for many years I asked the team to "Catch your team mate
doing something right". Our collective state of mind can overcome the
negatives if we work toward that end.

Chuck Armer

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member