<VV> CORSA

mike hicks mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Jan 31 01:09:37 EST 2009

>> "When I go to cruise nights on Woiodward Ave., there are lots of different cars on display but virtually no Corvairs."

I see this as a BIG problem.  Too many Corvair people don't drive their cars or take them to non-Corvair specific shows.  Even at our club meetings, there's usually only a couple Corvairs there - mine and Smitty's.  We take our 65 and our Rampy to the local shine and show and even though neither one is in great shape, people really seem to enjoy them.  The Rampy especially gets attention.
The fact is though, that unless you're already into cars and can work on them yourself, you're not going to be drawn to owning a Corvair.  At least with more traditional classic cars, an average mechanic has some idea how to work on it.  I don't know what could be done about rectifying this, probably nothing.

They really are pretty cool cars and in a perfect world, it shouldn't be that hard to keep people interested in them.