<VV> [Corsabod] ecomminuque and other comments

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 15:40:49 EST 2009

Thanks Bill.   and everyone else.

I as well as several other board members have been reading every comment posted on VV and to the board. I have advertised the Chapters list, regularly.  Once or twice a year in my column in the Communique, and somewhat less on VV. I noted the last time on VV was 2007.  I visit the Corvair forum infrequently,  but do visit occasionally.  I will read all the comments there too.

Many of the idea and thoughts are not new.  Some have been tried.  The Ecommunique exists -- in the member center.  It needs to be re-advertised.  The quarterly and e-newsletter the remaining months were discussed at lenght a year ago.  The conclusion at the time,  it would be a reduction in services provided to the members. And like the more obvious tax,  er, dues increase,  would be criticized as a hidden increase.  It has not been completely removed from the table,  just put off to one side.

A proposal before the board,  did not get voted upon.  it would have offered an E-Communique membership opton to those who WANTED it.  printed to those who would chosse that option.  I (or another board member) will likely re-propose that option.

VV is like many chapters,  lots of non members.  The whole discussion has nearly scared off one potential new member. Hopefully we persuaded him otherwise.  I prefer using the Chapters list.  my perference. It reaches the chapters and I get good responses.

btw:  I raised the dues issues first March 13, 2008 -- before the summer annual mtg,   and again Dec 24,27 and 28, 2008 as well as the note Jan 17, 2009

I do apprecirate the comments, and opinions.   I may or may not agree with them.  Some like racing, Some like Stock,  and some like both.
I have tried to respond to everyone who posted a comment -- and admit to getting lax the last day or two.

thanks
tim mahler