<VV> <CORSA Chapters> ecomminuque

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sat Jan 31 20:47:57 EST 2009

An explanation and a question:

On Jan 31, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Chris & Bill Strickland wrote:

> If we are supposed to use the "Chaptes" list for discussion, quit
> "hiding" it:
>      "There currently are no publicly-advertised Mailman
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/index.html> mailing lists on
> www.vv.corvair.org. To visit the general information page for an
> unadvertised list, open a URL similar to
> [http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/listinfo], but with a '/' and the
> list name appended.

Correct.  That's because spammers use the URL to bombard the server
with spam, especially the list owners.  I personally have referred to
the Chapters list on numerous occasions on VV.

I'll add it to the monthly VV rules post, but I have my doubts as to
the use in that.

>      "...the CORSA Chapters list, topics should be directly relevant
> toCorvair club matters, or at least about car club issues in
> general. In
> particular:
>             - No politics, unless they have *explicit* club content."

What exactly is your point?

--Bryan