<VV> Fuel line problems, vapor lock

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Wed Jul 8 10:40:35 EDT 2009

Joe,
     Vapor lock problems are made worse by low atmospheric pressure and high ambient temps.  So if you live (or drive) at significant elevations above sea level in the hot summer weather you may have problems.  The solution is to install an electric fuel pump IN the fuel tank located BELOW the level of the fuel so the ENTIRE fuel delivery line is at pressure ABOVE atmospheric instead of at a vacuum as in the stock system.
     Frank Burkhard