<VV> Greenbrier

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Jul 10 09:56:26 EDT 2009

> Wasn't it named for a hotel/golf course?
> Later, JR

 Tidewater people may chime in to correct me, but
> Greenbrier is an area
> > of Chesapeake, VA. The Greenbrier Mall is there.
Smitty Says;  Where development has been so very fast it is hard to trace the origin of names.  If I am not mistaken it all started with a two lane road called Greenbrier which had an interchange onto I-64.  The mall was built there which led to the widening of Greenbrier road into Greenbrier parkway.  Yes we did have a VairFair there because of the name. and yes there is now a Greenbrier golf course.