<VV> Removing door panel emblems

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 14 08:30:12 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

For one those Corsa emblems are not really easy to find, especially in good
condition. So protect those and keep your originals.

Those clips are a pesky things to get off your pot metal emblem studs
without breaking the stud. Particularly the little Corsa emblem as there is
not that much stud sticking out the door panel that the clip is on, at least
there was not on my Corsa. To my knowledge there is not a specific tool to
remove those clips. I have in the past cut the clips to release the stud
using a Dremel tool with their thin cutting disk. That is a handy tool for
all sorts of things with our cars. You need to buy the Dremel tool a tube of
the disks and a shank to hold the disks. They are held on the shank with a
small screw. You can buy new clips at Clark's or find similar type clips to
do the job at a local auto parts store.

Good luck!

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN