<VV> Convention Comments

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 09:59:41 EDT 2009

The reason for the location of the CORSA convention is a simple one: THE CHAPTER BID!!!

If you want the convention to be in a cooler climate, get that chapter to bid on the convention. The past two years there have been no bids at the convention. The 2011 should have been bid last year, thankfully Denver stepped up this year, a year late. 2012 is still open for bid, so hopefully Eastern Division chapters thinking hard about hosting. If fact, Central Division should be working on bids for 2013.

As for the time of year, that's simple too. Retire members can attend the convention any time (yes, that envy you read). Having the convention during the school months would curtail the members with kids in school. We are trying to grow membership in CORSA, especially the younger crowd. Making it more difficult for them to attend the convention is not a good way to attract and keep those members. Some have suggested that a convention in Florida would have been nice in February. I'd agree the weather would have been nicer, but how many Corvair?are driven?at that time of year? I doubt Tim would have driven his 69 from CO to FL in Feb. The long distance award might be for a 200 mile trip.?

We were?looking forward to the JAX convention for years. I knew Sarah and Wade were going to insure it would be great. It was a difficult decision to not attend due to our family economics. I'm hoping for some change so we can attend Iowa in 2010.

Ned