<VV> CORVAIR KEYS

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 18:57:15 EDT 2009

Corvair Keys

As I understand it, the following key combinations are correct for Chevrolet Corvair and all other GM passenger vehicles built during the "Corvair Years" of 1959 - 1969

1959 to 1964

Single key operation for all locks including doors, glove box, boot ('trunk' for North Americans) and ignition.

Key design: The key design remained unchanged from 1959 to 1964.

1965 to 1969

Two key operation/ One for doors & ignition and one for the boot or 'trunk' & glove box.

Key design changes:

The 1965-67  boot or trunk and glove box key had a oval head.

New keys were introduced from 1968 onwards (I think?)

Hope the above is of interest and am happy to be corrected on any of the above.

Regards

Carl L. Kelsen

1965 RHD Monza convertible

Melbourne, Australia