<VV> More Re: Brakes grabbing

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 26 19:14:31 EDT 2009

My apologies for echoing anybody, but on Digest, sometimes we don't get
he latest items as quick as some of y'all --

Yes, other posters are correct -- it is ideal and recommended to replace
brakes in full axle sets only. period.

Don't the instructions for those dual master cylinder kits come with
steps for setting the push rod clearance?  You MUST have "some"
clearance between the brake pedal and the mc -- call it freeplay if you
will, generally about a half inch at the pedal.

Another culprit in the Corvair is the rear parking brake cable sticking
inside the housing -- remove it fully from the vehicle and make sure it
slides freely all the way on both ends -- a good time to grease it as well..

I found your second post much more descriptive of your problems than the
first one.

Thank you,

Bill Strickland