<VV> CORVAIR KEYS

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 26 19:28:13 EDT 2009

I'd add that the GM keys for '67 and later had leters stamped on them to
designate the key design pattern. The '67 keys are "A" for ignition/doors
and "B" for trunk/glove box. The '68 keys are "C" and "D" respectively, the
'69 keys are "E" and "H" keys respectively, and '70 keys are "J" and "K"
keys respectively. This cycle repeated in that pattern until the '80's,
when they repeated in a different pattern. Some time between then and now
they went with entirely different keys, with the advent of electronic
enhancements.

The key code sets also follow that pattern, with a different set of codes
for each key blank letter designation. But they are all based on the same
notch spacing and depth on the keys.

All factory-coded locks will have the key code stamped into the lock
housing. So if you ever need to know the key code of your lock, just pull
it out and look for the code.

-Mark

Chevrolet Corvair and all other GM passenger vehicles built during the
"Corvair Years" of 1959 - 1969

> 1959 to 1964
>
> Single key operation for all locks including doors, glove box, boot
('trunk' for North Americans) and ignition.

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/