<VV> elections, was: Member Survey

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jul 26 21:17:48 EDT 2009

At 06:11 PM 7/26/2009, airvair at earthlink.net wrote:
>Same problem in any election. Not to get political, but I feel ALL
>elections should have a "none of the above" option. Think of it. If CORSA
>elections had that option, then we wouldn't have the situation we just had,
>where there WAS no "real" choice. Why bother even voting, if even if just
>ONE vote will elect the "candidate?" A "none of the above" option might
>just encourage more than 40 votes per candidate. It's why I didn't bother
>to vote in this year's (so called) election for the board. Uncontested
>elections are a waste of time, postage, etc.

I kinda agree...    I looked at the ballots and noticed that
positions uncontested kinda insure a shoe-in for the one
candidate.    A vote was kinda moot.

I *have* voted before, many times, when a slot was indeed contested
and there was a choice.     Odd, that after the list/membership was
chastised for not bothering to vote, I almost felt kinda
irresponsible for not having voted.    I never fail to vote in
regional, local, and general elections when it involves government
etc. and I felt a bit of a slacker until I remembered the same things
Mark brought up here.

After all, we knew who was gonna get the slot...   Here's hoping that
next time some responsible people will step up and provide some
additional choices.

Now:    That last comment is NOT an indictment of the current board
members in any way.   It's a comment intended to stir some thought
about having more people getting involved in CORSA politics.

tony..