<VV> Brakes not releasing

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 7 15:16:31 EDT 2009

<snip>
Has anyone addressed the e-brake Y-cable yet?   It's a popular cause
for dragging back brakes.   If that cable hasn't been checked out and
confirmed as to working smoothly and easily, it's a prime suspect.

tony..

Thought of that.  The problem here is that in the '65 service manual
it states that the service brake needs to be checked before any e-
brake adjustments are made.  OK, then why not do that?  I don't have
the brake resetting tool J-21177 or equivalent.  I'm trying to locate
one locally for a reasonable price, but so far have not been
successful.  Gary Mierzwa has given me a large number of web
possibilities and unless something locally changes, I'll be going
that way.

Stephen