<VV> silver paint question -- on Monza grilles?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 13:24:42 EST 2009

In a message dated 3/4/2009 10:00:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hharpo at earthlink.net writes:

I could  be wrong but I belive only 65 Corsa was silver grille, maybe Kent
will chime  in here

The 65 Corsa Grille had no silver paint. It had a pair of polished and
anodized grilled inserts that were screwed into place over two large holes. The  66
Corsa had a portion of the now-single grille painted silver, with a large
anodized outline screwed down over it, exposing the painted center portions.
Just those center portions, and the area in between were painted the same silver
 and exposed on the Monza models, with no bolt on cover. I think the grilles
were  just painted body color on the 500s.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette