<VV> Car Storage

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 03:06:48 EDT 2009

I would have thought this too, but believe me it didn't work. That car was
as rotten as a pear (rust was beginning to lift *everywhere*), and it was
only restored last year. We had a very wet summer, and I think it just shows
that the Carcoon should be used inside only (as the makers recommend).

I guess the Carcoon isn't totally waterproof (it doesn't claim to be, so
water will get in along the sewn seams etc.), and that the exit pressure of
the air just isn't enough to prevent water ingress in torrential rain (we
had plenty of that last year), or powerful enough to blow it out quickly
enough once it is there. So effectively, once a reasonably significant
amount of humidity is in there that can't be blown out fairly fast, you are
storing the car in a moisture bubble.

Cheers

Alan