<VV> PG pan reinforcements

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Fri Mar 13 15:01:08 EDT 2009

Does anyone have any experience with the Powerglide pan bolt hole reinforcements (C9873) that Clark's sells?  I've hammered out the dimples in the stock pan created when a previous owner tried to cure a leak by overtightening the bolts, and I'm wondering if these reinforcement squares will help prevent leaks in the future.  I'll be using a rubber gasket, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red (ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm