<VV> Van Lifting its Wheel

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 16:21:14 EDT 2009

John,

Yes, I am very serious.  Thanks for asking.  Have  you used up your quota of
question marks???????????????????  Try a few  !!!!!!!!!!!!

So, your suggestion is that Tim should post the link for the  van lifting its
wheel but he should tell the EV List not to open it until  they, "PLEASE
attend ANY road-race where Porsche 911's are running."  His  further requirement
is that they all "park their asses" at a hard corner as you  suggest.  Maybe
they can get a group discount rate.  Maybe they can  all park their EVs in a
reserved section in the parking lot.

John, please read my post again, in full.   When they showed the jeep with
one wheel lifting, Chrysler's intent was to show  that it did not roll over
despite being driven far beyond what it was designed  for.  However, the news
media and the public at large interpreted it as a  clear demonstration that the
vehicle was not safe.  Because very few in the  news media or the public are
Physicists, the perception was the exact  opposite of what it was intended to
demonstrate.  The guy who approved the  release of that Jeep footage was probably
fired, as he should have been.   When you are trying to prove a point to
someone, you must consider how people  will perceive or misinterpret your
evidence.  Just like the majority of the  Jeep viewers were not experts on how 4
wheelers handle, few if any of the EV  audience will be experts on how Porsche
911's (or Corvairs) handle in a hard  corner.

Since one of my degrees is in Physics, I do understand the handling
characteristics.  You are preaching to the choir.  The real question  is, do you
understand human nature?

Doc

In a message dated 3/29/2009 12:42:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,