<VV> Insurance Cost and AARP - not really Corvair related

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri May 1 16:00:50 EDT 2009

Just an inquiry to see if others are experiencing the same problem as my father and father-in-law (78 and 82 years). Both have had car insurance throught AARP for several years, but at their last renewal this year their rates practically doubled without any explanation (as I recall, they both had a policy through Hartford). Of course, I found them much cheaper insurance (by at least $900 a year) from other companies (Travelers and Nationwide) without any problem. Are others seeing such a thing, and if so I think I will start writing the BBB. Thanks for any insight,
Grant