<VV> Corvair Sedans

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sat May 2 12:09:39 EDT 2009

Smitty,

Using Webster's as an "authority" on automotive terminology is comparable
to using Wikipedia. You are wrong and are too stubborn to accept defeat.

The absolute truth is that "sedan" does NOT designate the number of doors.
Period. You can just as easily have a 2door sedan as a 4door sedan. Just
check the REAL authorities, if you dare. You can start with the dealer
albums of the 50's and 60's.

-Mark

deluded. You need to get yourself an automotive dictionary. The
>  industry definition of a sedan is as I said. It has nothing to do with
rows of seats.
> Smitty Says:  Got to give Mark credit.  He is tenacious even when he is
all wet.  I don't need an "automotive" dictionery to deal with basics.
Webster gives the basics as; SEDAN; an enclosed automobile seating four to
seven persons including the driver and having a single compartment and a
permanent top.  I can live with that description and don't intend wasting
any time debating it.