<VV> Motor mount replacement

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 21:46:07 EDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

   Haven't changed an engine rear support on an A/C Corvair but, on my late coupe and my Rampside with an extra pulley (air compressor), changing that support is a piece of cake. Just lift, say 2" (to relief load on mount), the rear of the engine, take out the rear grill, rear engine lower shroud/plate, loose both mount lower nuts taking care engine rear is well supported. If nuts look free of any load, take them off. Last step is removing the 4 bolts attaching the mount to the body. To install the new support/mount just reverse the procedure.

Hope this help

Daniel Monasterio