<VV> rear brakes on 64 Monza

Jay Ciampi jciampi at embarqmail.com
Tue May 12 08:10:55 EDT 2009

I am in the process of replacing the rear flex hoses as you suggest. I had
already replaced the ones ion the front earlier. I experienced what you did
years ago on a Mercury Grand Marquis in Baltimore on my way back South and
had steam coming out from under the car for a half hour. After it cooled
down, I crept into the next town and visited my friendly Ford dealer and he
replaced both hose, calipers and pads. Luckily the rotors were ok, just
needed turning a bit.

I have been brake hose cautious on all my cars ever since. The Ford dealer
had told me that it was most common on cars with over 130k miles on them.

Jay Ciampi