<VV> Heater duct and tunnel cable maintenance

Jeff Schramm jeff.schramm at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:39:47 EDT 2009

I just did mine in the past week.

Mice had been in there so I mixed up some Pine-Sol in hot water and poured
it into the duct and let it sit for a couple of hours, then rinsed
thoroughly with the garden hose. I scrubbed the exterior as well. I replaced
both metal ends with vendor reproductions which were primed and painted. I
also replaced all foam with vendor-supplied pieces but you could save quite
a bit of money by buying sticky-backed foam strips from your local hardware
store in the insulation section - just get the correct widths. Finally, I
sanded, primed and painted the hangers because I want them to last another
44 years.