<VV> Weird and wild...Water Cooling the Corvair engine

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri May 15 12:44:17 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/15/2009 9:25:56 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

I  remember a story in a manufacturing magazine - about 30 years ago, where

a Southern California aerospace engineer had modified his Corvair engine
for  water cooling. I wonder if this was his  construction?

NO. Lloyd Taylor used the same construction methods as was done for the
Crosley engines (He designed these engines). This was done by oven-brazing
many  stamped sheet metal parts into a final shape of a liquid-cooled  single
cylinder with integral head.
Regards,
Bob Helt
Steps!