<VV> Low idle speed

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat May 23 17:51:02 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/23/2009 12:12:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

I was  able to get it to stay idling (and
balanced), but you can tell that  it is still too low.  I need to get
a tack on it and get some  readings, but that can't happen until
tomorrow because of a word  with four letters that starts with "w".
What check list should  I run through to isolate the problem?

Stephen  U

disconnect both the rod from the trans and the connector from the  left
carb linkage to the cross-over. Only then are you setting the carbs to each  of
their best settings. Once you have the mixture where you want it and the
idle  volume where you want it, (via the Unisyn) then increase both to bring
the idle  to where you want it - and recheck with the Unisyn to get it
balanced. Then  check to see that you are not feeding vacuum to the advance, hook
up the  crossover, adjusting the left side link to make sure it - JUSTS -
fits into  the crossover (take up the slack). Then hook up the rod from the
trans.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************A strong credit score is 700 or above. See Yours in Just 2
Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585033x1201462753/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&b
cd=Maystrongfooter52309NO115)